Meet Sarasota’s August Student of the Month: Angie
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Angie Holahan Vaughan and I have three boys’ ages 7, 9, and 12. I love rollerblading, paddle boarding, fishing, dancing, knitting, cooking, going to the beach, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and spending time with friends and family. I recently received my alternative certification in Elementary Education (great timing), and finally, I love hot yoga.
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than ThaVma Premium Hot Yoga?
Yes, Vinyasa Yoga.
3. What made you decide to take your first ThaVma Class?
I wanted to support and surprise my dear friend Jennie Lawrence Shumway in her first class as an instructor at ThaVma Yoga Sarasota.
4. What made you choose Thavma Yoga as a Studio?
Jennie Lawrence Shumway 😊! (Thank you Jennie!)
5. What was your first ThaVma yoga experience like?
To begin with, I didn’t know when I signed up for Jennie’s first class that it was a 90-minute session. I had not practiced yoga for quite some time. However, I surprised myself and made it through.
6. What makes you come back?
The instructors, fellow yogis, and how fantastic, alive, and strong my body feels after each class.
7. How long have you been practicing?
Since March 2020
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
Better posture, emotional release, inner strength, determination, and muscle tone.
9. Where have you seen that it helps you?
My upper back, my core, and my spirit.
10. What is your favorite pose?
Wild Thing and Standing Bow (with strap).
11. What is your least favorite pose?
Standing head to Knee, my legs are long; I do not know if I’ll ever get there. However, it is about the journey, dedication, and perseverance. Moreover, I should incorporate yoga at home but it’s hard for me to do it outside the studio with my three boys’ running around.
12. What do you like most about ThaVma Yoga?
The instructors. Each instructor has a special gift to give with their style of teaching: calmness, encouragement, attention to detail, humor, and support.
13. Tell us anything else interesting that you feel you have gained or learned since starting ThaVma Yoga.
I really appreciate that Marina and all the instructors at ThaVma Yoga provide a safe place to learn and practice. Their routines are challenging and exciting with an emphasis on correct form.