1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Patrick Spence. I was born in Evanston, IL on October 16, 1986 (Libra). I consider myself well-traveled. I moved to Sarasota, FL when I was 6 years of age. I grew up here and then went away to Howard University in Washington, DC at 18 years old. I have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentrations in insurance and math. My professional career started in Sarasota, FL, then Boston and New Jersey. In that time, I worked as an Actuary, but I resigned three years ago to become a high school algebra teacher. I love to stay active, travel around the world, play Texas Hold’em, and golf. And I am single!
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Thavma Premium Hot Yoga?
I have not.
3. What made you decide to take your first Thavma Class?
My mother, a former Thavma student recommended it based on various athletic injuries I have had in the past.
4. What made you choose Thavma Yoga as a Studio?
The very first day I walked in I was greeted with excitement and positive energy and I have not looked back since.
5. What was your first Thavma yoga experience like?
The greatest challenge I have faced as a former athlete.
6. What makes you come back?
I love challenges and my challenges at this studio never end. Every day feels like my first day.
7. How long have you been practicing?
Almost six months.
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
Well, I feel great. My flexibility, balance, and control have improved. I also look great too!
9. Where have you seen that it helps you?
On the golf course with my swing. I would also say my overall balance and coordination when I move around. In addition, I think that I have been sleeping better too.
10. What is your favorite pose?
Side Plank or Wheel pose.
11. What is your least favorite pose?
Half Moon/Anything on one leg.
12. What do you like most about Thavma Yoga?
I forget about everything I may have been going through during the day and my mind is at peace for that period I am there.
13. Tell us anything else interesting that you feel you have gained or learned since starting Thavma Yoga.
Confidence and self-awareness.