Meet Thavma Yoga Lakewood Ranch’s July Student of the Month: Lauren Ash
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Lauren Ash and I have been living in Lakewood Ranch for over 17 years. I moved from Manhattan with my husband Howie.
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Thavma Yoga?
Yes, I was doing lots of Vinyasa and Power Flow Yoga until I found Thavma.
3. What made you decide to take your first yoga class?
I wanted to maintain flexibility and prevent injury.
4. What made you choose Thavma Yoga Lakewood Ranch as a Studio?
One of my best friends, Julie Warren, strongly recommended it after she crushed me in Tennis when we played singles. We always had really close matches, but this time I couldn’t run her shots down because my back hurt too much. She told me of the benefits that she was feeling because of Thavma.
5. What was your first Yoga experience at Thavma Yoga like?
I did the 90 minute and literally had to fight my way through it because I felt dizzy several times.
6. What makes you come back?
I NEED hot yoga in my life at this point. Without it, I can’t play the tennis that I love to play at the level I play at. In addition, my work demands have become very strong and I need the Yoga to release the tension in my mind and body after a long day sitting behind a desk and all that comes with that.
7. How long have you been practicing?
I have been with Thavma for over 2 years.
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
My back and hip pain are nearly non-existent so long as I practice 3 days or more a week. My mental toughness and focus have increased so much, which helps in tennis, work and most everything and I’m much calmer in general when dealing with daily life.
9. Where have you seen that yoga helps you in your day to day life?
When I’m practicing regularly, most things do not bother me enough to get upset about them. I know it’s from the active meditation and other benefits that Thavma provides during class.
10. What is your favorite pose?
My favorite pose is Rabbit, it just releases my lower back better than any other.
11. What is your least favorite pose?
I don’t think there are any poses that I don’t look forward to.
12. What do you like most about Thavma Yoga Lakewood Ranch?
Thavma smells fresh and clean nearly all the time. The instructors and students are friendly and the studio has a family atmosphere because we are all at Thavma because we want to be! I know that I will always get a good workout, both mentally and physically.