Meet Thavma Yoga Lakewood Ranch’s June Student of month: Nicole Paiz
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Nicole, I’m a mother to two amazing little girls, who also love yoga! I’m a dental hygienist and would love to become a yoga instructor one day! I recently moved back to Florida, from Idaho and I’m loving being back by the beach and closer to family.
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Thavma Yoga?
Yes! I’ve done vinyasa, but love ThaVma!
3. What made you decide to take your first yoga class?
I wanted something more challenging and reading about the different ThaVma classes sounded like the perfect way to go!
4. What made you choose Thavma Premium Hot Yoga Sarasota as a Studio?
I did some research on the different local studios, but something drew me to ThaVma. Reading about Marina and her passion for yoga inspired me and motivated me to get back into my practice!
5. What was your first Yoga experience at Thavma Premium Hot Yoga like?
My first ThaVma experience was awesome! Elsa taught my first class and she was so kind and made class so enjoyable.
6. What makes you come back?
The people! ThaVma is like a family and they all motivate me and are so encouraging with my practice! It’s really great and I truly look forward to practicing with everyone each day.
7. How long have you been practicing?
I’ve been preaching for about 2 years, but I’ve been with ThaVma since October!
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
I’ve noticed my flexibility increasing, my poses/postures are getting a lot better/deeper since I’m being taught proper form! Doing yoga at other studios, I was never corrected, but each instructor at ThaVma have helped me improve each posture and it’s so nice to actually have someone show my the proper way to do it all!
9. Where have you seen that yoga helps you in your day to day life?
It helps me with my career. As a hygienist, I’m constantly hunching over my patients and my neck and back hurt at the end of the day. By learning proper form at ThaVma, it’s helped me with my posture while working and everyday life! I was also in a pretty bad accident a few years ago, which left me with terrible back and shoulder pain..since doing proper postures, it’s helping my alignment and my back doesn’t hurt as bad.
10. What is your favorite pose?
My favorite pose would have to be standing head to knee!
11. What is your least favorite pose.
I don’t think there’s a pose that I don’t like! Each of them help me in one way or another!
12. What do you like most about Thavma Premium Hot Yoga Sarasota?
The love and support given by marina and all of the other instructors! I never feel judged or criticized, I always feel welcome and at home when I’m there. My husband says it’s my happy place 🙂
13. Tell us anything else interesting that you feel you have gained or learned since starting yoga with us?
have definitely gained more confidence within myself and I honestly have
learned to love and accept myself, just as I am. I have become stronger not only physically, but mentally. When I started at ThaVma, I wasn’t myself. I was sad and not in a very healthy state, mentally. I would constantly criticize myself and feel like I wasn’t god enough. The women (and men) at ThaVma have showed me more love and support than I have felt in a very long time! I truly appreciate everyone for guiding me through my practice and becoming my yoga family