Meet Thavma Yoga Sarasota’s Student of the Month: Catherine Collins
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a 59 yr old ultrasound technologist I migrated down here from Connecticut in 1989 I have one daughter she is the light of my life and two wonderful grandsons.
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Bikram Yoga?
I have tried yoga how long I have been coming about briefly around 4 yrs ago not hot yoga.
3. What made you decide to take your first Bikram Class?
One of my coworkers suggested it to improve my posture and relieve my pain.
4. What made you choose Thavma Yoga as a Studio?
I saw the Groupon and decided it was a good way to try it out.
5. What was your first Bikram yoga experience like?
First class was rough for me I didn’t make it through the whole class.
6. What makes you come back?
I come back because the results are amazing I had shoulder pain for years doing ultrasound now I have no pain I feel my posture is getting better and my skin is so soft!
7. How long have you been practicing?
I don’t know exactly, a few months now.
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
Changes I have seen I have lost some weight I am more flexible and as I said helping my posture and my pain
9. Where have you seen that it helps you?
I think it has helped my shoulder most also I had elevated blood sugar and an elevated liver function test have now returned to normal values.
10. What is your favorite pose?
I like the tree pose.
11. What is your least favorite pose?
I don’t like the pose with your hands under you.
12. What do you like most about Thavma Yoga?
I like best the way I feel when am done I feel great satisfaction that I am accomplishing this at almost 60 yrs old being that I have never exercised much.
13. Tell us anything else interesting that you feel you have gained or learned since starting Thavma Yoga.
I think the thing I learned most is if you push yourself and you believe in yourself you can do most anything you set your mind to.