Students of the month: Jorge & Sam
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
We are both originally Floridians who went to school and lived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for many years. We have been back in Florida for eight years now to be closer to our families.
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Thavma Yoga?
Yes, we have practiced both Vinyasa and Bikram.
3. What made you decide to take your first yoga class?
There was a yoga studio near our house in Philadelphia, and out of curiosity we decided to give it a try. It was a Vinyasa studio and we both enjoyed it very much and practiced there for a while until we found Bikram and got hooked on it.
4. What made you choose Thavma Premium Hot Yoga Sarasota as a Studio?
We had been looking for a studio that closely resembled our old Philadelphia studio experience and Thavma was it! We love the location, instructors, cleanliness, and the community.
5. What was your first Yoga experience at Thavma Premium Hot Yoga like?
AMAZING! Since our first practice at Thavma we have been enthralled with the studio!
6. What makes you come back?
The HEAT!! and the INSTRUCTORS! We find yoga provides the body and mind exercise balance we both seek.
7. How long have you been practicing?
We practiced Vinyasa for a year and Bikram yoga for four years in Philadelphia. We have been at Thavma Yoga for almost one year now!
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
We feel a noticeable body/mind balance and are also more flexible.
9. Where have you seen that yoga helps you in your day to day life?
It makes us happy, it’s as simple as that.
10. What is your favorite pose?
Jorge’s favorite pose is Rabbit
Sam’s favorite pose is Fixed Firm pose, but Dancers is a close second, a new pose recently learned from Marina!
11. What is your least favorite pose?
Jorge’s least favorite pose is Camel
Sam’s least favorite pose is Locust
12. What do you like most about Thavma Premium Hot Yoga Sarasota?
Over the years we tried a handful of hot yoga studios in Sarasota and none were up to our standards. Thavma studio is always well kept and clean, and the instructors are excellent.
13. Tell us anything else interesting that you feel you have gained or learned since starting yoga
We aim to be better at our practice. Also, the Red Method classes have been a great new experience and a welcomed mix to a regular hot yoga routine.