1. Had you practiced yoga before coming to Thavma Bikram Yoga?
No I have never practiced Yoga other than watching videos on Youtube.
2. What made you decide to do the 30 day challenge?
My first week at Thavma I saw a woman getting her shirt and how excited she was and I decided that I wanted to try it eventually.
3. What did you want to accomplish from your 30 day challenge? Did you achieve your goal?
I wanted to feel stronger and more at peace with myself. Yes, I do feel stronger and I find myself using some of the yoga techniques throughout the day to help me find peace if I become stressed.
4. What changes did you see during and after your 30 days of Bikram Yoga?
I have become more aware of my body and its needs. In the beginning I was just trying to do the poses as far and as deep as I could. Throughout this challenge I have taken a step back and really tried to focus on doing the postures correctly and setting my “pride” aside by not going as far or deep until my body is ready.
5. What did you learn/gain from doing Bikram yoga regularly?
I feel great both physically and mentally! I have never had a physical activity that I have truly enjoyed participating in every single day of my life. If I could come to to the studio everyday I my life I would 🙂
6. What did you love most from doing the challenge?
The biggest thing that I noticed about doing the challenge was my mental calmness. I always feel great and I feel like I am a happier and calmer person overall…my kids think so too. LOL
7. What’s your favorite posture?
Standing bow pose. It is a challenge for me to make sure that I am doing the pose correctly throughout my body. Every time that I correct something that I am doing wrong I feel a little more accomplished.
8. What do you think about our studio?
I love the staff!! I feel like each and every instructor cares about me as an individual and I am not just another client. This is not a feeling that you get at a large gym.