Thavma Bikram Yoga’s 30 Day Challenge survivor : Norberto Fernandes
1.Tell us a little about yourself.
I am 50 years old, and moved in 1973 from Portugal. I am in a committed relationship with a wonderful women. I have two adult daughters from a presvious marriage, and two grand daughters both two years old, each one month a part. Yes I am a grand dad 🙂 I work in the construction Industry . I love to travel and found a new passion Yoga. I enjoy the beach and riding my motorcycle.
2. What made you decide to do the 30 day Challenge?
I wanted to better my flexibility
3. Have you done other styles of Yoga other then Bikram Yoga?
Yes I had done Vinyasa Yoga 6 months ago. Im still new, but Bikram is helping me tremendously with my practice.
4. What made you decide to take your first Bikram Class?
A friend introduced me to is and I loved it. The Hot yoga along with the poses,resulted in wonderful changes in my body, mind and soul.
5. Why did you choose Thavma Bikram Yoga Studio?
The location is convenient. I then saw results with the Bikram Practice and the staff is very welcoming and professional.
6. What was your first Bikram yoga experience like?
Challenging but it grows on you. I love the feeling after class. That my practice is a footstep closer.
7. What makes you come back?
The Staff is Amazing, make me feel like I’m home, and the energy that they give off is inspiring.
8. How long have you been practicing?
9. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
My flexibility has increased,my balance is better and my waistline hasn’t been like this since i was 30. The practice has helped me restore my motion in some parts of my body that where damaged my 30 years of strain on it.
10. Where have you seen that it helps you?
I feel great, Healthy, and I have lost the weight I have wanted to loose.
11. What is your Favorite pose?
Im not sure I have an actual favorite, but I like Dandyamana-Dhanurasana ( standing bow pulling pose)
12. What is your Least favorite pose?
Pandangustasana ( Toe-Stand). Im not there yet…some day 🙂
13. What did you want to accomplish from doing Thavma Yoga’s 30 day Challenge, did you achieve your goal?
Flexibility and weight loss,and Yes I saw tremendous results in both.
14. What changes did you see during and after your 30 days of Bikram Yoga?
Increase flexibility and more balance in and out. Lost 10 lbs
15. What did you learn/gain from doing Thavma Bikram Yoga regularly?
My practice is improving and you learn to pace yourself, your yoga journey is one day at a time,slowly but surely,perfection takes time to practice.
16. What did you love the most about doing the 30 day Challenge?
Definitely the way my body feels the next day is pretty awesome!