Thavma Premium Hot Yoga’s July Student of the Month Christina Miller
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I love to workout and I enjoy new challenges. I have been an entrepreneur for 30 years and I love finding new ways to grow in business and in my personal life.
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Thavma Yoga?
I had only done Vinyasa Flow
3. What made you decide to take your first yoga class?
I have some old sports injuries and my job can also be very stationary at times, I felt that yoga could help keep my muscles and tissues in good movement along with improving my mental well being.
4. What made you choose Thavma Premium Hot Yoga Sarasota as a Studio?
I choose Thavma due to my first encounter with Marina, her knowledge of the body as well as her passion for health told me that Thavma would be a great fit and an added bonus in my life.
5. What was your first Yoga experience at Thavma Premium Hot Yoga like?
I am trying to answer this without saying “shit” … it was like nothing I had ever experienced! It was hot, hard and pushed me to my limit. But the after effect was amazing!
6. What makes you come back?
Thavma always makes me level up and step up, it also keeps me in tune with what is going on with my body. It makes me stronger, more centered and a happier person.
7. How long have you been practicing?
I would say I am close to two years, maybe more.
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
I am not sure where to start! I am much stronger in the gym, lifting weights and stronger with my cardio. I am also more conscious of my form and posture, which helps keep new injuries at bay and helpful not irritating my old injuries.
9. Where have you seen that yoga helps you in your day to day life?
Most noticeable; is my mental attitude and heightened awareness of my overall well being.
10. What is your favorite pose?
I love “Wild Thing”, back bends are my jam… so Wheel and Camel are right up there.
11. What is your least favorite pose?
For those who know me well… they will laugh Standing Head to Toe (Half Moon… anything on one leg!) I get so frustrated, balance is my nemesis in yoga… I am working through it and I am getting better.
12. What do you like most about Thavma Premium Hot Yoga Sarasota?
That is easy! The people! Thavma instructors are amazing and the members are so encouraging and supportive each other. It really feels like family when you walk in that door.
13. Tell us anything else interesting that you feel you have gained or learned since starting yoga
I am not sure where to start with this question, every day is a school day in Thavma. You are always learning more about yourself and your body. What I have gained… an amazing group of people that I am proud to call my Thavma Family.