2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Bikram Yoga?
No, Bikram and the Thavma studio is my first experience with yoga.
3. What made you decide to take your first Bikram Class?
My Mom takes classes at Thavma, so I was curious about yoga. I also thought it would help my tennis game by helping me be more flexible. My Mom thought it would help me learn to stay calm and focused during my tennis matches.
4. Why did you choose Thavma Bikram Yoga Studio?
Since my Mom takes classes there, I would sit in the lobby during classes and see people come in and out talking about how much they like the classes and the studio.
5. What was your first Bikram yoga experience like?
It was fun and HOT. After the class I loved it so much that I wanted to do the class the next day with my Mom.
6. What makes you come back?
I really just love it so much that I beg my Mom to let me sign up for a class. I love that I feel so relaxed after class. And I get to drink chocolate coconut water after I’ve taken class.
7. How long have you been practicing?
I have been doing yoga for a full month now. I am for sure making it part of my fitness program from now on.
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
I am way more flexible then before yoga. That makes me very happy since that was my goal. I had been struggling with really tight hamstrings and shoulders from all my tennis and now I am much more flexible.
9. Where have you seen that it helps you?
My golf swing has gotten more powerful and I feel like I have a better range of movement. Bikram Yoga has helped loosen my tight hamstrings and as a result I am moving better on the tennis court.
10. What is your Favorite pose?
My favorite pose is Toe Stand because it is fun and challenging. Each class I get better at balancing.
11. What is your Least favorite pose?
My least favorite pose is Standing Head to Knee. I always feel the tightness in my hamstrings and it is a difficult pose for me.