Thavma Yoga’s May Student of the Month : Layne Thompson
The only other style I’ve done is the Thavma classes.
3. What made you decide to take your first Bikram Class?
I wanted to try something new to exercise and it was suggested to me by my modeling agent.
4. Why did you choose Thavma Bikram Yoga Studio?
I chose Thavma because it’s close to my house and the reviews were really good online. And then once I went in and met Marina and all the nice staff, I knew I chose well.
5. What was your first Bikram yoga experience like?
It was pretty hard, but that’s to be expected with your first class. I took a lot of breaks but made sure to come back the next day.
6. What makes you come back?
I just love improving my postures and being able to do the next step or do a posture really well. It also clears my mind and relaxes me.
7. How long have you been practicing?
Since November 2014
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
Well I know I’ve gotten more flexible, my Physical therapist said I gained 40% flexibility after I started yoga. Plus I’ve lost some weight and have been more relaxed.
9. Where have you seen that it helps you?
Just in everyday life, I have back issues and Bikram has really helped with that. And in volleyball it made me more able to get the ball.
10. What is your Favorite pose?
Separate leg bow stretching pose (I think that’s what it’s called). I like that you can really challenge your self to kick your leg higher and go down deeper.
11. What is your Least favorite pose?
Camel, I tend to get nauseous during this pose.
12. What do you like most about Thavma Bikram Yoga?
I like that it helps me do a multitude of things and isn’t just a workout. It’s helped heal my body as well as relax me.