Thavma Yoga’s May’s Student of the month: Rafael Sanchez
1. Tell us a little about yourself?
Resident of Lakewood Ranch, originally from Puerto Rico, father of 2 and work as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for Feld Entertainment.
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Bikram Yoga?
Have done regular Yoga prior to experiencing Bikram.
3. What made you decide to take your first Bikram Class?
Recommended by a co-worker to give it a try as I was looking for something that would help me improve the health of my spine.
4. Why did you choose Thavma Yoga as your Studio?
Initially chosen due to proximity to my residence / office and the positive reviews.
5. What was your first Thavma Bikram yoga experience like?
It was awesome. Everything about the experience was great, the staff, the people attending the classes and the energy of the studio.
6. What makes you come back?
The vibe in the studio, the staff, the feeling you get when you are about to do the last pose. The overall feeling afterwards…
7. How long have you been practicing?
Since January (almost 5 months).
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
Many changes… More mindful in my day to day, healthier, stronger, happier to name a few… It has truly changed my life…
9. Where have you seen that it helps you?
More centered and mindful would be the things that come to mind first. I am more patient in my day to day dealings and more thoughtful in general. Last, but not least, is the fact that I have lost weight and feel healthier.
10. What is your Favorite pose?
11. What is your Least favorite pose?
12. What do you like most about Thavma Bikram Yoga?
The staff, The yogis, The positive energy in the studio and The spiritual connectedness.
As I travel on business, I have made it a point to visit a Bikram studio in the cities I visit. So far, I have attended Bikram classes in Miami and Las Vegas and feel so blessed to be part of the Thavma family. While the practice in these cities is consistent, there is no comparison with the overall positive vibe and energy that we are blessed to have in Thavma. What Marina and her staff have created is an oasis of spiritual beauty and well-being that keeps me looking forward to each practice.
Grateful to be part of the Thavma family…