Thavma Yoga’s November Student of the month: Jenifer Thiemann
1. Tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Jenifer Thiemann and I’ve been casually doing Bikram Yoga since I was 18 years old (I’m 36 now). I took my first Bikram class in Atlanta, Ga. I’m currently 38+ weeks pregnant and have been doing Bikram and Thavma throughout my pregnancy.
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Bikram Yoga?
I’ve done Hatha and Ashtanga yoga before as well, but Hot yoga is my favorite!
3. What made you decide to take your first Bikram Class?
I took my first class because I heard it was the most intense form of yoga and you actually sweat and got a great workout.
4. Why did you choose Thavma Bikram Yoga Studio?
I had been looking for a Bikram yoga studio since we moved here and I drove by when the sign was being put up!!! I was so excited it was so close to where I lived and I’ve been going since they opened!
5. What was your first Bikram yoga experience like?
My first class in Atlanta was pretty crazy! It was very much “by the book” and you could NOT drink water until 30 minutes into class, no talking, no looking around, and the teacher yelled at anyone who didn’t comply. Hahah!!!! I still went back, though!
6. What makes you come back?
I come back to yoga because I feel so great afterwards and (most of the time) during! hahah! I feel that I’m calmer in my everyday life as well and it’s a wonderful workout!
7. How long have you been practicing?
I’ve been practicing on and off since I was 18.
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
9. Where have you seen that it helps you?
I’m more calm and can regulate my heart rate and breathing in stressful circumstances. I’m way more fit and can sweat very easily now and regulate my body temperature. I get better sleep because I know how to calm myself and breathe.
10. What is your Favorite pose?
My favorite pose is camel because I can now do it without almost throwing up!
11. What is your Least favorite pose?
My least favorite pose is standing bow because I can’t seem to get my leg up high enough in order to start bending forward — .
12. What do you like most about Thavma Bikram Yoga?
I love the people at Thavma and I also love how clean it is (I’ve been to some stinky studios!)